California Expanded Learning Summits
2019 California Expanded Learning Summits
Commitment to Equity: Creating Opportunities for all Youth to Thrive
Save the Date!
The California Department of Education’s Expanded Learning Division (CDE-EXLD), in partnership with the System of Support for Expanded Learning (SSEL) and the California After School Network (CAN), are proud to announce the dates and locations for the 2019 Expanded Learning Summits:
Bakersfield – September 17th
Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center
Sacramento – October 1st
San Diego – October 4th
Hilton San Diego Mission Valley
Looking for Workshop Presenters!
We are in search of presenters to facilitate workshops relevant to this year’s theme at the Expanded Learning Summits this fall. Submit your presentation today!
- Commitment to Equity: Creating Opportunities for all Youth to Thrive
Targeted workshop presenters and audience
- All Expanded Learning and K-12 stakeholders!
Potential Equity topics (include but not limited to):
- Academic opportunity
- College or career access
- Diversity and access
- English learners
- Gender and/or Sexuality
- Homeless and foster youth
- Juvenile justice
- Migrant, immigrant, and/or refugee students
- Social Emotional Learning and student outcomes
- Special Education and/or Inclusion
- Other underserved communities
- The goal of the Summits is to support after school and K-12 stakeholders in creating high quality expanded learning opportunities with equity at the center.
- Summits will highlight local programs and regional leaders, showcasing promising practices and modeling the types of learning and engagement effective for students and adults . Ideally workshops would model some of the Learning in After School & Summer (LIAS) Principles and the Quality Standards for Expanded Learning in California.
- Workshops should include interactive elements; opportunities to connect with other attendees and peers, and engage in conversation with the presenter; and offer strategies, tools, and resources that can be readily utilized.
If you should have any questions about the event logistics or RFP process please contact Paige Bellanca, email@example.com.
Sign up for the CAN Newsletter to be the first to know about registration and Expanded Learning Summit logistics!