Increasing Program Quality
CAN is a catalyst for quality, building capacity by promoting a shared vision of program quality and advancing a culture of Continuous Improvement.
CAN facilitates collaborative alignment among various types of out-of-school time programs.
- Facilitate mutually beneficial partnerships between statewide, regional, municipal, community-based school age child care, expanded learning and other out-of-school time programs.
- Support implementation of the California Department of Education’s Expanded Learning Division’s Strategic Plan as a statewide technical assistance provider.
- Participate in, and facilitate forums that increase cohesion and collaboration among California’s out-of-school time technical assistance providers.
CAN disseminates and shares promising practices and provides virtual and in-person forums to build capacity of the field to implement high-quality programs
- Provide access to tools and resources, promising strategies, professional development, and trainings to enhance out-of-school time program quality
- Increase program access to information, tools,, and technical assistance supporting continuous quality improvement.
- Work to build the capacity of California’s expanded learning site coordinator’s by creating platforms for them to learn and share quality practice, common challenges and solutions that hold promise.
Access additional resources for increasing program quality