Free Webinar: Strategies for Schools: Building a Robust Summer Meal Program in Tough Economic Times
Who should attend:
School/school district child nutrition directors, county office of education staff, business services directors, superintendents, and other school district leadership.
This webinar will cover:
- An overview of the USDA summer feeding programs for schools (Summer Food Service Program, NSLP/Seamless Summer Feeding Option)
- Current summer meal program sponsors’ perspective on operating a successful summer meal program.
- Funding opportunities for summer meal program start-up or expansion.
- How to do more with less: Responding to tough economic times and budget cuts through development of strong community partnerships to pool resources and sustain programs.
- Q & A with California Department of Education (CDE) staff and summer meal sponsors.
Rodney Taylor, Riverside Unified School District, Norma Johnson, San Diego Unified School District, Pamela Lambert, Escondido Union High School District, Donna Reedy, California Department of Department of Education School Nutrition Programs Unit, Patrice Chamberlain, California Summer Meal Coalition (moderator)