It’s National Summer Learning Week!
Led by the National Summer Learning Association (NSLA), National Summer Learning Week elevates the importance of keeping all kids learning, safe, and healthy during the summer.
On July 8-13, the country will unite in advocacy efforts and celebrations hosted by hundreds of partner organizations - including libraries, parks and recreation centers, and civic and non-profit groups – to promote the importance of keeping kids healthy and engaged during the summer. Find summer learning resources or an event/program near you today.
There are many ways you can celebrate summer, advocate, and share your stories of summer inspiration:
- Proclaim Summer Learning Week in your community and show how essential summer learning is in closing opportunity and educational gaps.
- Check out the Theme Days and Resources for #SummerLearningWeek ideas and inspiration.
- Visit the NSLA Event Tracker to find or post an event/program in your community.
- Take action to support increasing access to and funding for high-quality summer and after school programs.
- Share your favorite summer learning memories or planned activities with our #SmarterSummers Social Media Challenge.
- Check out the Wallace Foundation’s newest report on Summer Learning.