Step Up Older Youth Conference in the Central Valley
Information for Presenters
Below you will find information and tips needed to have a successful conference presentation.
Space and Room Set-Up:
- Please note that all ED and LAB assignments are in classrooms with desks ranging from 35 to 60 in each.
- There is a whiteboard/chalkboard in each classroom
- There will be an easel and easel paper and markers available
- There will be a projector and screen in each classroom (please make sure that you bring your presentation in a laptop and don’t forget to bring your projector adapters if you have a Mac
- Please plan to bring 40 copies of your presentation materials for participants
- There will be a room monitor in each room that will handle keeping a limit of 35-40 participants in each of the ED and LAB rooms and will pass out and collect a workshop evaluation at the end of your workshop
The day of the conference:
- Please arrive at least 1 hour before your scheduled workshop
- Parking is free on Saturday on the assigned parking lots identified on your conference brochure map. The closest/ideal parking lot is located next to the Lab School identified on your map with a large “P”
- Check in at the registration table located at the Residence Dining Hall
- Presenters are welcome to join us for a conference breakfast and lunch at the Residence Dining Hall
During your presentation:
- Please make sure that your presentation is aligned with the description that is on the conference brochure
- Please make your presentation relevant and fun for the audience attending which are middle and high school after school line staff and Site Coordinators from the Central Valley
- Please leave a few minutes at the end of your presentation for the room monitors to pass out and collect a workshop evaluation that will be made available to you via mail 2 weeks after the conference or to view quickly during the conference at the registration table
We thank you for you time, knowledge, and expertise that you will be sharing with us in the Central Valley.
If something happens or you need anything prior, during, or after the conference please call Bruno Marchesi at 530-400-5735