Important STEAM Updates!
Items to include in this newsletter
The Afterschool Alliance, recently released an America After 3PM Special Report, “STEM Learning in Afterschool on the Rise, But Barriers and Inequities Exist.” This report finds that afterschool programs throughout the country, are offering more STEM learning opportunities, but inequities exist and too many young people are missing out.
Top takeaways from the National STEM report include:
- Opportunities for STEM learning in afterschool programs have increased.
- Parents value STEM learning in afterschool and summer programs.
- Afterschool programs reach populations traditionally underrepresented in STEM.
- Too many children are missing out.
- Parents support public funding for afterschool and summer programs.
Presented by Chevron
CAN, in partnership with the California Department of Education’s Expanded Learning Division and the California STEAM Symposium co-hosts, is excited to announce the virtual 2021 Expanding Learning Opportunities with STEAM Back-To-School Pre-Conference.
This exciting partnership builds on our community belief STEAM learning happens everywhere and at any time of the day. The event will explore opportunities for collaboration between community-based organizations and the TK-16 system. CAN and partners are excited to support our education community as we all strategically plan to use the monumental education budgets focused on early education, social-emotional learning, teacher pipeline, and Expanded Learning. Participants will also learn more about the new Expanded Learning Opportunities Program established in July 2021 by AB 130.
The current registration for both events is only $185!
- Individual event rates start at $75 for the Pre-Conference, and
- $145 for the California STEAM Symposium.