Use Your Voice in the Power of Us 2022 Workforce Survey!
Millions of professionals and volunteers work with young people every day in the many settings where youth play, learn, and grow outside of the school day. Yet, we have little collective information about this essential workforce. You can help change this!
Power of Us wants to know more about those who are still in the youth fields and those who left, so that they can explore, define, and elevate this collective workforce and their work with youth. The information from the Power of Us Workforce Survey can also lead to action, informing policy, practice, and further research to better support the workforce.
We believe that if we know more, we can do more!
Survey Details and Additional Information
Who administers the survey?
The Power of Us Workforce Survey is administered by the American Institutes for Research (AIR), an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit organization that conducts behavioral and social science research and delivers technical assistance both domestically and internationally.
What is the purpose?
It’s a national survey designed for the participation of the youth fields workforce across sectors and geographies. Through the Power of Us Workforce Survey, youth-serving professionals and volunteers can contribute to a national effort to explore, define, and elevate their work with youth. The data from the survey can help to inform policy, practice, and further research to better support the workforce.
Who should take it?
Every person who works with young people is committed to helping them thrive. On athletic fields, in afterschool programs, in libraries, and in faith-based institutions, youth-serving professionals and volunteers are making a difference every day. Through the Power of Us Workforce Survey, youth-serving professionals and volunteers can contribute to a national effort to explore, define, and elevate their profession.
- If you worked or volunteered in the youth fields in the last five years, you should take the survey.
- Those who work directly with youth, and those who currently lead activities, programs, sites, or organizations that serve youth.
- What about volunteers? Yes! We want to hear from both volunteers and paid staff. Volunteers are an essential part of the youth fields workforce, and we want to hear about your experiences as a volunteer.
By “youth,” Power of Us, means school-aged young people (in Grades K-12) and/or young adults (ages18-21).
How long will the survey take?
- The survey will take about 10 minutes to complete if you are a former youth-serving staff, former volunteer, or current volunteer.
- If you are a current youth-serving staff, it will take up to 20 minutes to complete.
Complete the survey and enter into a drawing!
Every month Power of Us will randomly select 10 participants who will receive a $100 Amazon gift code. The earlier you complete the survey, the more chances you have to win!
Please email the study team at email@example.com or call them at 1-844-849-5247.