CAN on the Move!
Come join us at the 2019 National AfterSchool Association Annual Convention on Monday, March 18 or the 2019 BOOST Conference, April 30 – May 3rd!
2019 National AfterSchool Association Annual Convention
We’re excited to be a part of NAA19! It’s a great networking and professional development opportunity for afterschool and out-of-school time professionals and advocates. Join us during our session on Monday, March 18!
CANdid Conversations – Using a Community of Practice to
Share and Build Expertise
This session represents the best of any Community of Practice (COP) experience: effective communication, community collaboration, and best practices of and from the field. Experienced site leaders will learn what a COP is, why they are a great way to build shared learning in a community, and define how they want to integrate the strategies into their everyday practice. Every participant will receive a copy of the COP guidebook that includes resources, promising practices, and helpful tools in resolving common challenges.
Strand: The Nuts and Bolts of Program and Professional Development
Target Audience: Proficient
2019 BOOST Conference
The CAN team will be hosting 6 inspirational workshops in Palm Springs April 30 – May 3, sharing our vision for the out-of-school time field while also encouraging and building the support for out-of-school time advocates. Register for BOOST today and come find us in the Exhibit Hall (Booth 504) or to catch us at the CAN workshop strand!
- Of the Field, For the Field: Creating the Statewide Site Coordinator Network
- Previewing the Continuous Quality Improvement Guidebook
- Previewing a New Expanded Learning Program Quality Assessment Tool
- Supporting Continuous Quality Improvement Through an Online Quality Assessment System
- Building the Capacity of After School Site Coordinators Through Communities of Practice
- Quality Through an Equity Lens