Join the Conversation on School-Based Health Centers!
Wednesday, October 6, 12:00-1:00 pm PT
Student Health Index: A New Look at Addressing Health & Education Equity Through SBHCs
The California School-Based Health Alliance will be offering a webinar on the Student Health Index, the first comprehensive statewide analysis to show counties, districts, and schools where new School-Based Health Centers (SBHCs) will have the greatest return on investment for improving student health and education.
This Webinar Aims To:
- Provide a “101” on school-based health centers and ways they improve student health and learning.
- Release the new Student Health Index and key findings that can help increase the number and impact of school-based health centers.
- Discuss how to use the Index to address health and education equity in schools.
- Offer first-hand experiences from advocates and experts on the impact of school-based health centers.
- Invite questions and inspire action with specific next steps for using the Index in your community.
Who Should Attend?
- Education stakeholders and advocates
- Local policymakers (Are you state legislative staff? Join a special policy briefing on Wednesday, October 13, at noon.)
- Children’s health and mental health advocates
- Funders and other stakeholders
- Tracy Macdonald Mendez & Lisa Eisenberg, California School-Based Health Alliance
- Jenn Rader, Director, James Morehouse Project, El Cerrito High School
- Irma Rosa Viera, former Youth Board Member, California School-Based Health Alliance