Other Out-of-School Time Opportunities


These OST programs include but are not limited to, programs run by individuals, community-based organizations (YMCA, City Recreation Centers, churches), private organizations, or other groups that may operate on school campuses with or without support from the Child Development Division at the California Department of Education. These programs may be required by law to have a child care license, depending upon the number of hours they operate per week, among other criteria. This license is pursuant to Title 5 regulations: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ls/fa/sf/title5regs.asp.

To learn more about these programs visit the CA Resource and Referral Network: http://www.rrnetwork.org/providers

To learn more about the services available specific in your area visit the webpage for your county’s local planning and council that is dedicated to providing services and Professional Development to providers: http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/rragencylist.asp

Additional External Child Care Resources from the California Department of Education: