Powerful Partnerships: Schools and Afterschool and Summer Programs Together for Student Recovery and Success
In May, Afterschool Alliance hosted with help from the School Superintendents Association, ”Powerful Partnerships: Schools and Afterschool and Summer Programs Together for Student Recovery and Success”. They explore what’s possible, how to quickly form effective partnerships, and how to maximize an investment in community-based partners for student recovery.
Explore the resources that were brought forward during the session:
Helpkidsrecover.org | Use this site to see:
- How much funding your state and local districts have for learning recovery strategies including afterschool and summer programming;
- Examples of state and local district partnerships using COVID relief funds for afterschool and summer to support students;
- Evidence-based practices for implementing effective summer and afterschool programs.
- AASA Learning 2025 – Student-Centered, Equity-Focused Education
- State Networks and Local Intermediaries – locate state afterschool networks and intermediaries who can help you form partnerships
US Education Department COVID-19 Handbook Volume 2: Roadmap to
Reopening Schools Safely and Meeting All Students’ Needs
- Focuses on supporting the social, emotional, and academic needs of students and educators from a research-based perspective, including through partnerships during the summer and afterschool.
Resources from the webinar: