Budget Updates & Highlighting Partnerships to Support Expanded Learning
Fireside Chat: January 23, 2024
Join us for Fireside Chat #59!
In this chat, Heather Williams from the California AfterSchool Network is joined by Michael Funk, Director of the Expanded Learning Division of the California Department of Education (EXLD).
They provide updates on the Governor’s recently released, proposed budget for FY 24-25, and chat with district leaders across the state and one of their partners that support them to provide unique, high-quality opportunities for students, including:
- Nicole Kinser, District Academy Specialist – Science, Bakersfield City School District
- Julian Balderas, Program Development Specialist, Twin Rivers Unified School District
- Taisa Petrova, Program Specialist, Twin Rivers Unified School District
- Alex Kussler, Partnership Development Director, Fork Farms
- Abby Brown, Partnership Development Director, Fork Farms
If you have follow-up questions please email the CAN team.
Every January, the California budget process is kicked into high gear when the Governor announces his proposed budget for the upcoming fiscal year. The budget for 2024-25 was announced on Wednesday, January 10. This budget includes high-level details for proposed spending, with additional details to be sorted out in the coming months.