California School-Based Health Alliance
The California School-Based Health Alliance is a statewide nonprofit organization helping to put more health services in schools. Their vision is to ensure all children and adolescents are healthy and achieving their fullest potential and their goals are listed below:
- Healthy Children. Too many children come to school every day suffering from conditions that seriously impact their ability to learn and succeed.
- Successful Students. Healthy students miss fewer classes, are less likely to drop out, and have a better chance of success in school and beyond.
- Equity and Access. School-based health centers (SBHCs) offer services in a place that is familiar, trusted, age-appropriate, and convenient for all students and families – in school.
Below are two resources that can support educators with youth and Substance Misuse:
- This toolkit describes the various education and health care funding streams that can be leveraged to provide ongoing resources for school-based mental health services. Given the one-time investments in school-based health programs, it is more important than ever for schools and health partners to knit together resources and sustain services that address the mental health needs of students.
- A step-by-step guide for school-based health centers (SBHCs) that uses an innovative, evidence-based approach to addressing drug and alcohol use among adolescents.
- See the Adolescent Substance Use Prevention Toolkit for SBHCs Pod for more details.