Harmonium – Multiple Positions Available!
San Diego, CA
Harmonium is looking for a Youth Program Leader for Klassic Kids and a Youth Leader for ASES!
The Harmonium mission is to promote well-being and self-sufficiency in children, youth and their families through creative education, intervention and prevention services rooted in collaboration with neighborhoods and families.
Youth Program Leader – Klassic Kids
Klassic Kids is a licensed childcare fee-based program offered at
multiple sites throughout San Diego County. This program provides
a safe and nurturing environment based on social- emotional
principles to support children’s well-being and school
This position is required to ensure the safety, security, and well-being of the children enrolled in the program. Implementation of homework assistance, arts and craft/special activities, recreation and supervision of children are primary responsibilities. Youth Program Leader – KK is responsible for supporting the healthy social/emotional development of children enrolled in the program in line with Early Childhood Development best practices. This includes using behavioral reinforcement programs, behavioral strategies to address problematic behavior, and strength based approaches.
Youth Leader – ASES
The Youth Leader – ASES is mandated to take all steps necessary to ensure the safety, security, and well-being of the children enrolled in the program.
- Develop and maintain positive, professional relationships with school site, parents, children and Harmonium staff
- Communicate with parents regarding their child on a daily basis
- Follow policies in own role which are determined by others; no responsibility and leadership required for service development, but may be required to comment on policies, procedures, or possible developments
- Supervise day-to-day activities of the program while maintaining ratios within contract
- Redirect inappropriate child behavior and provide disciplinary action and notify Site Director – ASES when necessary
- Provide academic homework assistance
- Assist students with distance learning assignments
- Implement distance learning and activities
- Work remotely on assignments during site closures
- Develop, clubs, activities and curriculum
- Maintain a clean and orderly designated school space
- Ensure the safety, security, and well-being of students enrolled in the program
- Responsible for picking-up, maintaining and returning all devices being used during distance learning and remote working
- Judgments and decisions are guided by Harmonium and program policies, contracts and guidelines