Important CDE Updates
Friday, September 13: Policy Committee Applications Due
- The Policy Committee of the Expanded Learning Division is currently looking to recruit new members. The purpose of the Policy Committee is to help clarify policies to support quality programs. To learn more, or apply, click here.
Friday, September 20: Annual Outcome Based Data for Evaluation Due
- All grantees are responsible for completing the Annual Outcome Based Data for Evaluation and Continuous Quality Improvement. For more information, please contact your regional consultant or Barbara Bell.
- Access important instructions for submitting this report
Tuesday, October 15: Summer Literacy Expenditure Report Due
- Grantees who received the Summer Literacy grant must submit the final Expenditure report by Tuesday, October 15. If you have any questions, please contact Kimi Toya by email, or 916-319-0601.
Thursday, October 31: School Site Substitution Form Due
- Programs are able to request a school site substitution if all of the requirements are met. If submitted and approved by October 31, it can be applied to the current fiscal year. If submitted and approved after October 31, it would be applied to the following fiscal year. To learn about the requirements for School Site Substitution or to view the full eblast, click here. To access the School Site Substitution Form, click here.
- Access important instructions for submitting this form
Update the After School Support and Information System Contacts
- The California Department of Education (CDE) uses the After School Support and Information System (ASSIST) to communicate important information, including deadlines with grantees. Please take a moment to make sure the contacts in ASSIST for your expanded learning grant are up to date. To access the system, click here.
Thursday, October 24, 2019: 20th Annual Lights On Afterschool
- Launched in October 2000, Lights On Afterschool is the only nationwide event celebrating afterschool programs and their important role in the lives of children, families and communities. The effort has become a hallmark of the afterschool movement and generates media coverage across the country each year. To learn more, click here.
- The California Expanded Learning Division and the California AfterSchool Network will be hosting a statewide Lights on Afterschool event on Wednesday, October 23, 2019.