LGBTQ+ Youth Resources
Adolescents are always at the forefront of societal change. Young people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) are often tackling these developmental tasks with the added challenges of discrimination and victimization from their communities, schools, peers, and even families. The Center for the Developing Adolescent offers a list of resources for how to support the young people in your life.
- The Trevor Project focuses on crisis intervention and suicide prevention services for LGBTQ youth
- Black and LGBTQ: Approaching Intersectional Conversations, a guide from The Trevor Project
- PFLAG is the nation’s largest family and ally organization
- GLSEN works to create safe and affirming schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression
- It Gets Better Project works to uplift, empower and connect LGBTQ+ youth across the globe