Lights On Afterschool 2021
Thursday, October 28, 2021
CAN and thousands of communities celebrated and rallied for afterschool programs as the Afterschool Alliance organized the 22nd annual Lights On Afterschool! This nationwide event on Thursday, October 28, 2021, called attention to the importance of afterschool programs and the resources required to keep the lights on and the doors open, especially as programs step up to help students, families, and communities in the pandemic.
- Celebrate and call attention to your program and the work in your community!
- Showcase programming and youth in action to community leaders!
- Opportunity for Youth, Family, and Community engagement!
- Educate stakeholders and elected officials!
- Build awareness of OST and youth development in your community!
- Highlight need for resources
- Celebrate and build and nurture
Lights On Afterschool Event Tips
- Register Your Event Today! Sign up today to be part of the Lights On Afterschool celebration! All who register will receive event planning tip emails and 10 free posters to promote your event.
- Once registered, you will receive a Lights On Afterschool Planning Kit - Includes everything you need to plan a successful event, from case studies to sample materials, media, etc.
Last-Minute Ways to Celebrate Lights On Afterschool!
Searching for last-minute ways to celebrate Lights On Afterschool? Join the Lights On Afterschool Lightbulb Challenge! Participation is simple:
- Take a photo of yourself, students in your program, or even teachers and parents mimicking our Lights On Afterschool logo.
- Post your photos to social media with the hashtags #LightbulbChallenge and #LightsOnAfterschool.
- Challenge your followers to do the same! Tag the programs and people you’d like to see participate in the #LightbulbChallenge.
- Afterschool Alliance website - Additional information, inspiration, and promotional materials.
- Sign-Up your LOA Event: Sign Up for Lights on Afterschool!
- Event Planning Timeline: Lights On Afterschool Event Planning Timeline
- Tips for engaging Policymakers
- Proclamation Tools
- Light up a landmark: Tips for securing a lighting in your community!
- Social Media Tools
- Lightbulb Challenge
- Lights on Afterschool graphics, promo items, and artwork
Check out our Lights On Afterschool webpage for updates!
- What Advocacy means
- How you can be an advocate for your communities
- How to leverage events like Lights On Afterschool to support your advocacy efforts.