2019-20 Annual Grantee Outcome-Based Data Report for Evaluation and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Deadline Approaching
Due: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
The 2019–20 Annual Grantee Outcome-Based Data Report for Evaluation and CQI is a grant requirement for the After School Education and Safety (ASES) Program, the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) Program, and the 21st Century High School After School Safety and Enrichment for Teens (ASSETs) Program. Failure to report this data will lead to grant termination per California Education Code Section 8483.7(a)(1)(G).
The Excel workbooks used to complete these reports are attached to this email. One workbook is for 21st CCLC and ASES elementary/middle programs; the other workbook is for high school ASSETs programs. Each workbook includes two tabs for data input:
- Outcome Data for Evaluation
- Continuous Quality Improvement
What’s new this year?
In the ASPEVAL (elementary/middle schools) workbook, on the Outcome Data for Evaluation spreadsheet, the months were added to the Summer/Supplemental column header to help grantees figure out which columns to put the Summer/Supplemental data in.
Recap of last year’s changes
The templates for both Outcome-Based Data and CQI required an Agency Name in addition to school name and CDS code. See your Grant Award Notification (AO-400) or log onto the After School Support and Information System to view your Agency Name.
How to Submit your Report
The attached Excel workbooks require state student identifiers. To protect student-level personally identifiable information, you must use the following California Department of Education’s exFiles process to ensure your data is secure. Please follow the submittal instructions below.
Click on the following link: exFiles File Transfer System.
Enter the following information in this order:
- For Project Code, type aspa
- Click Submit Code
- For Upload/Download Password, type 2PeKS6ef (case sensitive)
- Click Submit Password
- For Description, enter preparer’s name and email address
- For File Encryption Password, type aspa1234
- Under File to Upload, click Browse and select your completed Excel data file
- Click Upload Files
Note: If a message “File to Upload file name required” appears, click Browse, select the file again; click Upload Files.
This concludes the file uploading process.
Before preparing your report, please review the following resources:
- Annual Evaluation and CQI Frequently Asked Questions web page.
- California Department of Education Quality Standards for Expanded Learning in California.
- California Department of Education CQI Guidance for a Quality Improvement Process web page.
- Engaging in a Program Quality Improvement Process for Expanded Learning Programs webinar.
If you have questions regarding this subject, please contact the Expanded Learning Division, by phone at 916-319-0923 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.