Family Wellness Resources
The 2020 holiday season will be uniquely stressful for families that are in the midst of navigating a global pandemic, social distancing, distance learning, and for some, the trauma from caring for loved ones who have become ill or passed away. Please share these curated resources from the California School-Based Health Alliance with your programs and families to help them cope with stresses they are facing.
- Healthy Home Learning Environment Handouts for Students and Caregivers in English and Spanish: Help students manage distance learning.
- Introductory Yoga to Help Parents Reduce Stress: This beginner yoga class shows gentle supportive ways to move the body.
- Sleep and Nutrition Videos from Asian Health Services Youth Program: Get tips to improve sleep and diet.
- Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook: Find different ways to manage pandemic-related stress.
- Supporting Latinx Student and Caregiver Mental Health, Part I & Part II: Learn the difference between social distancing and disconnection and how to manage the stress of being apart as well as ways to manage challenging emotions.