Important CDE Updates
Important updates from the California Department of Education Expanded Learning Division (EXLD) regarding:
- Important Due Dates
- Annual Performance Report
- Request for Applications Deadlines
- Attendance Relief and Staff Development Day Credit Deadlines
- First Semiannual Attendance Report & Second Quarter Expenditure Report Due
- Upcoming Regional Events
Tuesday, December 10, 2019: Annual Performance Report Due
The Annual Performance Report (APR) is available per the timeline below for 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) and the After School Safety and Enrichment for Teens (ASSETs) grantees to complete. The fiscal year 2018–19 timeline for the APR is as follows:
- Summer term window to submit data: April 17–May 31, 2019 (May to August 2018 data). Grantees operating a summer program (supplemental/summer funding) need to complete this report.
- Fall term window to submit data: June 3–July 31, 2019 (August to December 2018 data).
- Spring term window to submit data: September 3–December 10, 2019 (August 2018 to June 2019, cumulative data fall/spring).
If you have questions and/or technical problems, please contact:
21st CCLC APR Help Desk
Help Desk Hours: Monday-Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
Phone Number: 1-888-282-4589
Request for Applications Deadlines:
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020, no later than 4 p.m., ASES Universal Request for Application.
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020, no later than 4 p.m., ASES Program Renewal Cycle B grantees. Additional information is available on the ASES Grant Renewal Cycles web page.
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020, no later than 4 p.m., ASES Program Frontier Transportation Request for Application.
Friday, January 31, 2020: Form for Attendance Relief and Staff Development Day Credit Due
The Form for Attendance Relief and Staff Development Day Credit are due Friday, January 31. For more information or to access the form click here.
Friday, January 31, 2020: First Semiannual Attendance Report
First Semiannual Attendance Reports are due Friday, January 31. The reports will not be available in After School Support and Information System (ASSIST) until early January.
Friday, January 31, 2020: Second Quarter Expenditure Report
Second Quarter Expenditure Reports are due Friday, January 31. The reports will not be available in ASSIST until early January.
California School Dashboard 2019 Release: Mid-December
The Dashboard provides parents and educators with meaningful information such as suspension rates, graduation rates, English learner progress and more. This information is intended to look at the progress of the schools and districts and identify focus areas to improve student learning. This data is also used by the California System of Support to provide differentiated support to school districts and county schools. The CDE is planning to release updated information to the Dashboard in mid-December. To access the Dashboard, click here.
Serving Students Identified as Homeless
- Assembly Bill 2615 and AB 1567 Guidance for Programs Serving Homeless Youth
- California Coalition for Youth: California’s Homeless Youth
- CDE’s Resources for Homeless Children and Youths
- Department of House and Urban Development Resources
What’s New & Current Events
- January 16–17, 2020: Equity Conference (Region 9). To learn more, click here.
- January 31–February 1, 2020: Annual “ReFrame The Brain” (Region 1): Registration coming soon!
- February 1, 2020: Remix Conference (Region 2). To register, click here.
- February 28, 2020: Middle and High School Summit (Region 4). To register, click here.