New Report: Summer Learning and American Rescue Plan
Below are Five Key Findings:
- States had overwhelming deference to local control, resulting in few research-based grant requirements.
- A plurality of the states are taking a balanced approach to summer programming, providing both academic and enrichment opportunities for students, which generally is what research indicates results in the best outcomes.
- States are actively working to develop and foster collaboration with CBOs.
- Many programs and grants are thoughtfully targeted to serve student groups most disproportionately impacted by the pandemic.
- State departments of education are feeling rushed and overwhelmed as they develop and implement their investments.
Additional Report Resources: