Other Expanded Learning Programs


These expanded learning programs are inclusive of, but not limited to,  programs that are run by individuals, community based organizations (YMCA, City Recreation Centers, churches), private organizations or other groups that may operate on school campuses with or without support from the Child Development Division at the California Department of Education. These child care programs may be required by law to have a child care license, depending upon the number of hours they operate per week, among other criteria. This license is pursuant to Title 5 regulations: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ls/fa/sf/title5regs.asp.

To learn more about these after school programs, please visit the CA Resource and Referral Network: http://www.rrnetwork.org/providers

To learn more about the services available specific in your area, please click the link below to access the webpage for your county’s local planning and council that is dedicated to providing services and Professional Development to providers: http://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/rragencylist.asp

Additional External Child Care Resources from the California Department of Education: