Register Today for the AB86 ELO Grant Convening
As part of the Assembly Bill (AB) 86 COVID-19 relief package $4.6 billion will be distributed to LEAs through the Expanded Learning Opportunities Grant, which can be used for extended instructional learning time, learning supports, health, counseling mental health and social emotional learning, community learning hubs, supports for credit deficient pupils, and training for school staff.
The May 5th event is not just for Expanded Learning practitioners, it is meant to support all K-12 practitioners who can utilize the AB 86 ELO Learning Recovery Grants to promote the learning and well-being of our students in all settings in and out of school. All California Educators, from all sectors, are invited and highly encouraged to attend: K-12 Educators, Educational Leadership (COE and LEA), Principals, Superintendents, Student Support Services, Data & Assessment, Multilingual Learners Educators, Fiscal Leaders, Nutrition Services, Community-Based Organizations, Expanded Learning Programs, Technology Services, Special Education, etc.
Please access the ELO Convening webpage to register and for updated event details as we have begun posting workshops and keynote sessions.
It is highly recommended to attend as a team to maximize this opportunity – if you haven’t yet, we encourage you to invite your colleagues and educational partners to register for the event as well.
We look forward to having you join us next week!
We are excited to announce our fantastic lineup of keynote speakers for next week’s convening:
Morning Welcome & Keynote
- Mind Body Awareness Project
- Tony Thurmond, California State Superintendent for Public Instruction
- Karen Pittman, Co-Founder and Senior Fellow, The Forum for Youth Investment
- Michael Funk, Director, Expanded Learning Division, California Department of Education
- Tony Smith, Founder, Whyspeople; Former Illinois State Superintendent of Education, Former Superintendent Oakland Unified School District
- Jorge A. Aguilar, Superintendent, Sacramento Unified School District
- Dr. Kyla Johnson-Trammell, Superintendent, Oakland Unified School District
- Tom Rooney, Superintendent, Lindsay Unified School District
We are excited to announce the first round of workshops! Additional workshops, as well as descriptions and presenters, will be posted to the event website in the coming days.
- Supporting Homeless and Foster Youth Through the Expanded Learning Opportunities Grant
- Essential Ingredients for a Successful and Engaging Summer
- COVID Safe Schools: Before, During and After School
- Expanding Summer Meals Support for Students
- After School Program Delivery Through Community Partnerships
- Exploring the Role of Expanded Learning Programs in Supporting Young People’s Mental and Emotional Well-Being
- Supporting Students with Disabilities as LEAs Reopen
- Translating the Science of Learning and Development into Whole Child Action
- Reopening Schools with Outdoor Learning
- Whole Child Health: Strengthening Staff and Student Well-being During School Re-opening
- Youth Panel Discussion: Let’s ask the students what they need
- Work-Based Learning: A Dynamic Conversation
- Shifting from Learned to Learning: An Invitation to Future-Focused STEAM Education
- Leveraging Funding for Lasting Impact: A Conversation with Colleagues
- Leveraging Expanded Learning Opportunities Using your LCAP and CA MTSS Framework
- Why Attendance Matters For Covid 19 Recovery: The Power of Working Together to Use Chronic Absence to Address Educational Inequities
- Using State and Local Data to Inform Your Expanded Learning Opportunities Grant
- Innovations for Serving English Learner and Migratory Students