COVID -19 Guidance From CDE Expanded Learning
Recent guidance from the California Department of Education Expanded Learning Division (EXLD) has
- ensured grants remain intact,
- programs will receive attendance relief for closures related to COVID-19,
- grant reductions have been suspended, and
- hourly employees and classified staff can continue to be paid.
For more specific details visit our COVID-19 Resource Center and check out the links below.
- EXLD Executive Guidance Order Memo (April 10, 2020)
- Executive Order Provides Flexibility to ASES and 21st CCLC Programs and Expands Access to Child Care for Essential Workers (April 4, 2020)
- EXLD Update on Grant Protection and Paying Program Staff and Partners (March 27, 2020)
Trying to better understand what all this guidance means for your program? Check out CAN’s recent interviews with EXLD Director, Michael Funk:
- Interview on Governor’s Executive Order and EXLD Guidance Memo (April 13, 2020)
- Interview on EXLD Guidance on Grant Protection and Paying Program Staff and Partners (April 1, 2020)
The Expanded Learning Division continues to work on providing additional guidance related to expanded learning program grants. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.