First Chat of 2021: Urgent Budget and Legislation Updates
Fireside Chat: January 28, 2021
Join us for our 22nd and first fireside chat of 2021. In this chat, Heather Williams from the California AfterSchool Network is joined by Michael Funk from the Expanded Learning Division of the California Department of Education and Jen Dietrich from the Partnership for Children and Youth to discuss budget and legislation updates that impact California’s Expanded Learning programs. Below are opportunities outlined during the chat.
- Resource: Learn more about the Governor’s Budget for K-12 Education
- Resource: Learn more about AB 104 and sign up to Track the Bill (you will need to create an account):
- Resource: Access our newly released SOTS Brief
- Opportunity for Input: Survey – Impact & Role of Expanded Learning During COVID
- Event: Register Today for the 2021 California Afterschool & Summer Challenge! March 8-9, 2021
Email Us, Sign Up for Newsletters, and Follow Us on Social Media:
- Heather Williams: email@example.com
- Jen Dietrich: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the CAN Policy Newsletter and/or General Newsletters
- Sign up for CA3 Updates
- CAN – Twitter:@ca_afterschool | Facebook:@CaliforniaAfterSchool
- CA3 – Twitter:@SaveAfterschlCa | Facebook:@SaveAfterschoolCA
If you have follow-up questions please email the CAN team.