Welcoming New CAN Leadership Team Members!
We are excited to kick off the 2023-24 year with new Leaders joining our CAN Leadership Team!
The CAN Leadership Team is the primary governing body of the California AfterSchool Network. The Leadership Team is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction, and support to the committees and participants in the California AfterSchool Network. Learn more.
Welcoming our New Leaders
Serving on the Finance Committee:
- Jennifer Cisneros, Director of Expanded Learning, Santa Ana Unified School District
- Esmeralda Garcia, Director of Expanded Learning, Calexico Unified School District
- George A. Hernandez, Director, Consulting, Sperling Center for Research & Innovation
- Enrique Plascencia, Site Coordinator, arc
- Rahul Sharma, Vice President of Education / Principal, San Jose Conservation Corps + Charter School
Serving on the Leadership Development Committee:
- Akilah Byrd, Director, Region 4 Expanded Learning Programs, Alameda County Office of Education
- Luis Castellanos, Assistant Program Manager, Harmonium
- Chris Meza, Program Coordinator, Napa County Office of Education
Serving on the Strategy Committee:
- Tony Lomeli, Senior Director, Student Support Services, Modesto City Schools
- Natalie Walrond, Area Director, Resilient and Healthy Schools and Communities, WestEd
- Laura Wasson, Director of Talent and Quality Initiatives, Extended Child Care
We look forward to an awesome 2023-24 term year with our CAN Leadership Team!