COVID -19 Guidance from CDE Expanded Learning Division
As of April 30, 2020
Recent guidance from the California Department of Education Expanded Learning Division (EXLD) has
- ensured grants remain intact,
- programs will receive attendance relief for closures related to COVID-19,
- grant reductions have been suspended, and
- hourly employees and classified staff can continue to be paid.
More specific details are outlined in the below links:
- Guidance on the Role of Expanded Learning Programs During the COVID-19 Crisis (April 30, 2020)
- EXLD Guidance – Extending Expanded learning Grants and Attendance and Expenditure Reporting (April 27, 2020)
- EXLD Executive Guidance Order Memo (April 10, 2020)
- Executive Order Provides Flexibility to ASES and 21st CCLC Programs and Expands Access to Child Care for Essential Workers (April 4, 2020)
- EXLD Update on Grant Protection and Paying Program Staff and Partners (March 27, 2020)
The Expanded Learning Division continues to work on providing additional guidance related to expanded learning program grants. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.