Expanded Learning Policy Updates & Interviews with District Leaders
Fireside Chat: January 14, 2022
Join us for our 39th fireside chat. In this chat, Heather Williams from the California AfterSchool Network is joined by Michael Funk, Director of the Expanded Learning Division of the California Department of Education and leaders from three different LEAs:
- Jennifer Collier, Expanded Learning Coordinator, Galt Joint Union Elementary School District
- Julie Boesch, Ed.D., Superintendent/Principal, Maple Elementary School District
- Julie McCalmont, Coordinator, Expanded Learning Programs, Oakland Unified School District
- Priscilla Parchia, Program Manager, Expanded Learning ExLO, Oakland Unified School District
Heather and Michael provide a couple quick policy updates and our LEA leaders discuss practical ideas about how their districts are planning to leverage their ELO-P funding.
Fireside Chat Resources & Links
- Budget Updates
- Learn More & Register for the January 19th ELO Program Event.
- Galt Resources - Engagement Sessions
- Galt Resources - ELO-P Notes
- Oakland Resources - ELO-P Program Plan
- Oakland Resources - Summer Programs
Access ELO-P Resources
- ELO-P Program Plan Guide
- Quality Standards for Expanded Learning in California
- ELO-P Funding Details including LEA Apportionment amounts
- CDE ELO-P webpage
If you have follow-up questions please email the CAN team.