Staffing requirements for the Expanded Learning Opportunities Program (ELO-P) match those of the After School Education and Safety Program (ASES) except for the TK/K staffing ratio. A summary of the ELO-P staffing requirements:
- The administrator of every program shall establish minimum qualifications for each staff position.
- Ensure at a minimum all staff members who directly supervise students meet the minimum qualifications for an instructional aide (IA), according to district policies.
- The selection of the program site coordinators/supervisors is subject to the approval of the school site principal.
- Maintains a student-to-staff member ratio of no more than 20
- Programs serving transitional kindergarten or kindergarten pupils shall maintain a student-to-staff member ratio of no more than 10 to 1.
- Mixed pupil groups that include any TK/K pupils must adhere to the 1:10 staff to pupil ratio requirement.
- All program staff and volunteers shall be subject to the health screening and fingerprint clearance requirements in current law and district policy for school personnel and volunteers in the school district.