California Expanded Learning Summits
2019 California Expanded Learning Summits
Commitment to Equity: Creating Opportunities for all Youth to Thrive
Registration is NOW OPEN!!!!
The California Department of Education’s Expanded Learning Division (CDE-EXLD), in partnership with the System of Support for Expanded Learning (SSEL) and the California AfterSchool Network (CAN), would like to invite all K-12 stakeholders to attend the 2019 Expanded Learning Summits.
We invite After School Education and Safety (ASES) and 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) program grantee staff, stakeholders, partners, and all K-12 administrators, leaders and representatives to attend for an informative and uplifting day.
The 2019 California Expanded Learning Summits will host a series of workshops presented by local programs and Expanded Learning champions from each Summits regional area. The Summits will also provide an opportunity to network and meet others from across the K-12/Expanded Learning ecosystem.
Bakersfield Marriott at the Convention Center
Diego – October 4th
Hilton San Diego Mission Valley
The Summits will include:
- FREE registration! In an effort to maximize space and exposure, we ask that you PLEASE cancel your registration if you register and are no longer able to attend. Cancel registration
- An opening plenary with guest speakers.
- Parking for registered participants on the day of the Summit is FREE.
- Morning refreshments and lunch will be provided.
- The goal of the Summits is to support after school and K-12 stakeholders in creating high quality expanded learning opportunities with equity at the center.
- Summits will highlight local programs and regional leaders, showcasing promising practices and modeling the types of learning and engagement effective for students and adults. Ideally workshops would model some of the Learning in After School & Summer (LIAS) Principles and the Quality Standards for Expanded Learning in California.
- Workshops will include interactive elements; opportunities to connect with other attendees and peers, and engage in conversation with the presenter; and offer strategies, tools, and resources that can be readily utilized.
If you should have any questions about the event logistics please contact Paige Bellanca, firstname.lastname@example.org.